Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Recipes: Brown Sugar Smokies

Recipe - Brown Sugar Smokies
Click on the image above, to view larger picture

Yes, this batch was made with tiny hot dogs. No one knew the difference, tastewise. I didn't like cleaning the baking sheet. Check out my note.

Brown Sugar Smokies

1 (16 ounce) package Lil' Smokies or other cocktail sausages
1 pound bacon
1 to 1 1/2 cups brown sugar

Preheat oven to 350°. Cut bacon into thirds and wrap one strip around each sausage. Secure the wrapped sausage with a toothpick. Roll each piece in brown sugar until coated. Arrange them on a lightly greased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 20 to 30 minutes, until bacon is crisp and the brown sugar melted.

note: Use uncooked tiny hot dogs at your own risk...liquid releases as the hot dogs cook, pooling the melted brown sugar into it.
Signature

Search

About Me

My photo




From Washington DC. I now reside with my husband in the beautiful New England state of Massachusetts. I hope you enjoy my digital scrap kits and scripts. I'm the new kid on the block and create 'tagger size' only. You can e-mail me here

My STORES

MY SCRIPT TESTERS

Photobucket Rebellious Scraps, blinkie

My Blinkies

Powered by Blogger.

My Followers